Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Users might experience few discrepancies in Search results. We are working on this on our side. We apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused.

extension mobility- phone stuck logging in

I have 2 users having trouble logging into EM. I setup everyone yesterday and they are the only ones having issues. I have CME v7 and a UC520. had them unplug the phone and plug it back in but it is the same. phones are 7941. any help would be appreciated.

Everyone's tags (6)
10 REPLIES
Blue

Hi

Plesae send config done and users facing problem information.

Regards

Ronak patel

Regards Ronak Patel Rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.

which configs do you need to see (i.e. voice user-profile, ephone or ephone-dn, etc.) the whole config file is pretty big and I am bound to not share it with everyone. Happy to cut and paste some though, just tell me which parts you are looking for. thanks.

Blue

Hi,

I can see you are running CME 7 and it has bug related to this.

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCsx66104

Regards

Ronak patel

Hi Ronak,

I think your right. DO I need to upgrade the CME or IOS on the router? What do I need to do it remotely so I don't have to drive to the location to do it?

Blue

Hi

Bug does not mention any workaround. So only option is to upgrade CME or IOS to resolve release.

You may upgrade your CME and see if it helps.

Regards

Ronak Patel

by the way,  thanks for finding that for me. IF that is the answer and it works, you are very much appreciated.

Blue

Do not forget to rate helpfull posts....

ok,  upgrade the IOS and CUE. HOLY CRAP! what a night mare. I backed up everything, as a matter of fact, I backed it up twice. Started to do the upgrade in the CLI and thought, I have this new version of CNA, lets give it a try. Well 11 hours later, I finally got the client back up and running. While I was updating the software , I got through the IOS on the 520 and then it started on the CUE. Right at the end of the update, I got a update failed due to a corrupt backup file. SO I thought , wow, good thing I backed up twice. BOTH files were corrupt. COmpletely lost all my CUE configs and User info. Had to manually enter everything back in. I started thisa little upgrade at 6pm on friday and finished at 11am saturday. I was on the phone with TAC from midnight to 6am. They upgraded the CUE to the 8.6.1 version and I had already upgraded the IOS to 12.4.  I am still having the issue with the EM hanging when they login.  a couple other things as well. I am wondering if I should downgrade the CUE to 8.1 to match with the IOS since the 8.6.1 is recommended with IOS 15 and it is not available for the UC520. ANy thoughts? if so, whats the procedure without losing any data?

Anyone have a suggestion?

just wanted to add this so anyone reading knows how we took care of it. Turns out that the firmware on the some of the phones needed to be upgraded as well because the the version we were using was not compatible for the upgraded version of the CME. We upgraded the firmware yesterday and so far no issues.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content