Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Extension Mobility Profile on User Page

Hello,

Our organization uses extension mobility for all users. Everyone has a Device Profile (DP_Name).

We have run into some confusion on the user's part when they log into teh callmanager user web page. Where it asks you to select the Device or Device Profile, the phone is always on top of the drop down menu.

I have a few questions.

1) Is it common within organizations to have such a wide deployed extension mobility? Using device profiles at all times.

2) When updated speed dials or settings, the users need to login and logout, which can be annoying at times, is there any better way to do this?

Thanks!

input is very welcome

2 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: Extension Mobility Profile on User Page

With Cisco CallManager Extension Mobility, several employees can share office space on a rotational basis instead of having a designated office. This approach proves useful in environments such as sales offices and consulting firms where employees do not routinely conduct business in the same place or keep the same hours every day.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a008011b490.html

Re: Extension Mobility Profile on User Page

Perhaps I am overlooking something in my own ignorance, but regarding your confusion issue:

We're beginning to use Extension Mobility, and I simply don't associate the Phone with the user account - only the Device Profile.

I see no real downside to Extension Mobility. It's easier to use than TAPS and gives users and admins greater flexibility. But I'm still a newbie.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content