Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Extension Mobility "login unsuccessful error 6"

We are getting this error on all phones as soon as we select the login service, we don't even get as far as to put user credentials in.

This was all working before, but we ran the AD plugin to generate the LDIF files, but haven't done the complete integration yet.

I've seen the posts that detail deleting the "loginservice" in IIS, but this doesn't exist in the version we are running which is 4.1.3 sr3a.

Has anyone else come across this before?

8 REPLIES
Green

Re: Extension Mobility "login unsuccessful error 6"

Hi,

1. Typical reason of Error #6 is device profile is not associated with user. Therefore for your first action step, please see this link and follow the instruction if you not have done it.

http://www.ciscotaccc.com/voice/showcase?case=K47779633

2. Finish AD integration so CCMSysUser and Hotelling profile gets updated correctly.

3. Next, if the problem still persists, please run CCMPWDChanger.exe (Is in CCM) and reset CCMSysUser password, then restart Cisco Tomcat service, IIS Admin Service, and WWW Publishing service from Windows Service component tool.

4. If problem still persists, please gather following traces and send them or upload them to this post.

-Detailed CCM trace (C:\Program Files\Cisco\Trace\CCM\)

-IIS log (C:\WINNT\system32\LogFiles\W3SVC1\)

-Detailed EM Trace (C:\Program Files\Cisco\Trace\EM\)

-Sniffer trace in CCM (Use netmon)

Please note the time line of the issue appearing and collect these traces with the time line corresponded with. Please specify Phones DN, IP/MAC address which attempted EM login.

HTH

//G

Hi, thanks for the reply.

I have looked at case K47779633 and been through it. I think deleting the virtual directory and recreating it will sort this, but as I mentioned in the original post, when I go into Default Website there is no LoginService to delete.

Also since generating the ldif files, the decision has been taken by the customer not to proceed with AD integration.

I have run CCMPWDChanger and rebooted the CallManager already.

I don't believe this to be a device profile issue either as we don't even get as fas as putting in user credentials. We get the error as soon as we select the EM Logon service.

I have tried to rerun the AD plugin to revert back to DCD, but we only get the option to proceed with AD integration.

I have got the traces you requested anyway for you to have a look at. The DN of the phone is 2060, MAC is 00059A3C7800, IP address is 10.81.15.2 and the time attempted was 9.48.40.

Thanks

Glyn

Green

Hi Glyn,

54: May 07 09:48:40.372 BST %EMApp-3-UNK:Error while getting dir handle :DirUser.OperationError

55: May 07 09:48:40.372 BST %EMApp-3-UNK:Unable to establish dir connection:DirUser.OperationError

56: May 07 09:48:40.372 BST %EMApp-EMAPPSERVLET-7-UNK:Context:/emapp ::URI:/jsp/phone_error1.jsp

Please check the DirectoryConfiguration.ini under c:\dcdsrvr.

Modify DirectoryConfig.ini file and set 'useSSL=false'

Here is a link for revert back to DCD:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a00800ab82d.shtml

Once this is completed always verify that the registry "directory configuration" folder has been updated to DCD LDAP port 8404 and that DC Directory Service is Started.

Please make sure to update the "DirectoryConfiguration.ini" file situated in

c:\DCDsrvr\ on the Publisher and Subscriber (if applicable) after reverting From AD to DCD

and vice versa.

HTH

//G

Hi Gonzalo,

When I checked the DirectoryConfiguration.ini file, I found it had no config in it at all. Luckily I have another customer running the exact same version of CCM, so I copied their config, ammended it and copied it into the dcdsrvr directory.

I rebooted the CCM and EM is working again.

Thanks for all your help on this it is much appreciated.

Kind Regards

Glyn

Green

Glad to hear that Glyn, have a good day!

Hi, I'm having the same problem. I do not have a DirectoryConfiguration.ini file but I do have a UMDirectoryConfiguration.ini file. Any ideas, all worked yesterday. I applied the latest Windows patch today

Hi, an update... having read the other entries above, I looked for the DirectoryConfiguration.ini and did not find it. I found this file on another server in the cluster (a subscriber) and copies it to the publisher (changing the server name in the file). It now works. What could have caused this problem? Why did my DirectoryConfiguration.ini file disappear?

Hello, I've started getting the 'login unsuccessful error[6]' message. This happens even before I enter the user ID and PIN. All worked yesterday. Just applied Windows patch today. Any ideas? CCM 4.2(1)Sr1b and Windows 2000.4.3aSR3

Views
Helpful
Replies