cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Extension Mobility Redundancy

jon.helmer
Level 5
Level 5

We are currently using Extension Mobility on some of our phones, and we have both a Publisher and Subscriber server. The Extension Mobility service currently points only to the Publisher server. Is there a way to provide redundancy in the case that the Publisher goes down, the Service can point to the Subscriber to allow users to login and logout?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

When the publisher is unavailable, phone updates cannot occur, call forwarding cannot be modified, message-waiting state information will be lost, and Cisco CallManager Extension Mobility stops functioning.

More detailed information here

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00803eda7f.html#wp1021999

Please remember rate posts

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

anup.anand
Level 5
Level 5

You can use a hostname in the phone service URL and use DNS for redundancy by setting up the DNS server to resolve the hostname to the IP of Publisher and Subscriber.

Regards,

Anup

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

Yeah, other than using DNS names, i dont think there is EM redundancy available.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Thanks. I just want to verify that the subscriber is able to operate as an Extension Mobility server?

When the publisher is unavailable, phone updates cannot occur, call forwarding cannot be modified, message-waiting state information will be lost, and Cisco CallManager Extension Mobility stops functioning.

More detailed information here

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00803eda7f.html#wp1021999

Please remember rate posts

That's what I was afraid of. Thank you for the good information.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: