Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Extension Mobility - UDP has 2 lines but only 1 appears

We are running CCM version 3.2.2(c) SPF.

Extension mobility works very well EXCEPT:

User logs on to a 7940 phone. Their User Device Profile has 2 line appearances but only one is displayed/usable on the 7940.

Anyone seen anything like this before? I presume it is a bug.

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Silver

Re: Extension Mobility - UDP has 2 lines but only 1 appears

Service ->Service Parameters ->server ip ->Cisco Extension Mobility ->Use 2-Line Template For 7940 Login

When true, use 2-line template for 7940 phone login. If false, use 1-line 1-speed dial template for 7940 phone login.

6 REPLIES
Silver

Service ->Service Parameters ->server ip ->Cisco Extension Mobility ->Use 2-Line Template For 7940 Login

When true, use 2-line template for 7940 phone login. If false, use 1-line 1-speed dial template for 7940 phone login.

Cheers, thanks for finding the blindingly obvious parameter!

Now I have a new problem. All phones are 7940s. Some users have 1 Line + 1 SpeedDial, others have 2 Lines (no speeddials). Changing this parameter means that users with the 1 Line lose their speeddial..............

Apparently, you can't have your cake and eat it. One of the work arounds I have thought of is to have a group of physical phones homed to another CCM which has the parameter set (unfortunately limiting their mobility). However, it gets a bit messy with failure scenarios. For example, the people with 2 Lines are IPCC agents. The 2nd line is the ICM monitored line - therefore, if their primary CCM fails, they fall back to another CCM which does not have the "7940 2-Line" parameter set (to accommodate the 1line/1speeddial people) and they lose the 2nd line, and the call-centre is down.

Why does this parameter exist? Will it disappear in CCM 3.3? Is there a better workaround?

Silver

I dont believe something has changed in 3.3...Will have the software next week actually.

Regarding the speed dial, i dont think its so critical..I would prefer loosing this option over loosing the ipcc extension. Anyway your users can have up to 99 fast dials in the personal directory.

You still can go for 7960 for the IPCC agents or use ipcc softphones with media termination (would never offer my customer to do so but had to mention this option ) and 7940 for regular calls.

marina

Silver

Another thing i forgot to tell, even if its fixed in 3.3 (which i dont believe but who knows), you can't just upgrade it on the january 1st because your ICM 4.62 won't support it. Thats the main reason it's not recommended to mix IPCC agents and IPT cluster, you will loose many new features ...

No fear! Even if the compatability matrix allowed upgrading to 3.3, we wouldn't go near it for at least 6 months....

There is a service parameter for extension mobility that you need to change to TRUE. The service parameter is:

Use 2-Line Template For 7940 Login

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.