cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Extension Mobility

ANDREW STRINGER
Level 1
Level 1

For extension mobility, does every user require their own User Device Profile, or can you make a default device profile based on the IP phone type.

I have configured the service and users can logon, but unless I create an individual profile, they are not receiving the correct extension number.

Many thanks

A. Stringer

3 Replies 3

paul.harrison
Level 4
Level 4

This is not the answer your looking for but yes EVERY user needs a profile.

I've gone through the headache of creating over 200 profiles so I know your pain.

Using BAT you can get the CM to generate a profile for every device, but then can't use it in ANY way, sort lets build up your hopes only to smash them to pieces.

When will Cisco learn that if you are going to install a telephone system that will support over 10,000 users, you REALLY don't want to configure them 1 at a time.

Paul

Dont get me started on BAT, its the way forward for large implementations but unfortunatly its got major failings.

200 profiles? I thought 50 was bad enough.

Hi,

I sympathize with you, as I had to configure 130 profiles too.... I did not know though that BAT is not working as it should be...So Paul, can you please confirm, because we are preparing for a larger installation and we would like to know...

Thanx

Yanna

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: