Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

extension mobility

A design for one of customer will include 100 IP phones. 80 for the permenant staff. The other 20 for contractors.

My question here is; Since EM needs a logon user ID created in CCM user database. But those 20 are for contractors, we even didn't have their name yet. Of course I can create any bogus name for that. But I am just wondering who has any other good way for this ?

1 REPLY

Re: extension mobility

We originally created the userid in the DC directory using the same name as their NT account. This turned out to be a mistake when we later deployed Extension Mobility. Logging into EM with an alphanumeric userid was a real pain.

We now create userids in the DC directory using the person’s phone number. Then we changed the service parameter for numeric only. This really simplifies logging into EM. Creating userids using their phone number also makes it easier if you reassign the number to another contractor. You do not have to delete the userid, you can change name associated to the userid.

If you are using voicemail, such as Unity, then we think it is easier for folks to remember their userid on Unity and Callmanager if they are the same. Since Unity uses the phone number to identify the user when accessing Untiy via the phone, then having their phone number for their ccmuser account is a much easier sell (providing you are not using Active Directory for your directory).

Anyway, it works well for us.

Tom.

Views
Helpful
Replies