Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Extension remapping and Bridge subscribers

Unity 4.0(2) Bridge Unity Bridge v2.14

How is Xtn Remapping handled for Bridge subs? Say you have a Unity sub who wants to use option 2 to send a message using the xtn to a Bridge sub on a remote Octel node. Can Xtn remapping be used in this instance?

Reason: We have a node that has a 3 digit delivery local in Unity +4 dig xtn, but expects a 1 digit del local on the remote side with a 5 dig xtn. This will conflict with other delivery locals we have. Could xtn remapping be used in some way in this scenario? I know it's a long shot....

Ta as ever,

NJ.

3 REPLIES

Re: Extension remapping and Bridge subscribers

In Cisco Unity 4.0(3) with Bridge 3.0(1) you can define any number of prefixes, and a mailbox length, to a Bridge Delivery Location to achieve this.

for example, if you had two Octels in Seattle where

Octel 1 has mailbox range 52xxx, 2xxxx and phone numbers 2065252xxx, 206282xxxx

Octel 2 has mailbox range 53xxx, 4xxxx and phone numbers 2065253xxx, 206524xxxx

you can set up the Bridge Delivery locations as

Octel 1

dialid 100

mailbox length 5

prefixes 5252, 282, 2065252, 206282

Octel 2

dialid 101

mailbox length 5

prefixes 5253, 524, 2065253, 206524

A Unity subscriber could dial either 2065252100 or 5252100 to address a message to mailbox 52100 at Octel A.

See the Cisco Unity Bridge Networking Guide http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_unity/bridge30/bnet/bnet30/index.htmfor how all of this stuff works and upgrade considerations.

Cheers for the reply. I was aware that this funtionality is available with Bridge 3.0(1) (or is the funcionality with Unity!? or the combo...). I was wondering if there's a workaround I could employ until we are able to go the upgrade route.

Out of interest, is there any gotchas I should look out for when upgrading my Unity & Bridge boxes. I'm running 2 bridges & failover Unity boxes with Ex2k off-box.

The prefix enhancements are a function of Unity 4.0(3). But for practical purposes it's with the combo because Unity 4.0(3) requires Bridge 3.0(1) and vice versa, and in addition the 11.0(1) voice connector is also required (included with Unity 4.0(3)).

Redesign of the Bridge feature was really the primary feature of 4.0(3). It was significantly changed. So yes, there are upgrade considerations. But it's worth upgrading to these versions to take advantage of this. See the release notes for Bridge 3.0(1) at http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_unity/bridge30/relnote/br301rn.htm and the upgrading chapter of the 4.0(3) Bridge Networking Guide at http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_unity/bridge30/bnet/bnet30/bnet_020.htm.

A couple of the notable changes are that licensing is now done on the Bridge server itself, Unity subscribers must be populated with 'legacy' mailbox and serial number, etc. But be sure to read these docs completely to get the whole picture. Thanks.

Views
Helpful
Replies