Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External displays on IP Hardphones.

Hi, recently I have had Cisco Call Manager with Unity and IPCC installed in our Head Office. We have over 100 remote sites with various telephone systems. I have imported all sites in our Call Manager Corporate Directory as users to allow the Head Office users to call the sites easily. My question is, is there somewhere in the Call Manager to display the site on an incoming call on the phones rather that the number displayed?

Darren.

2 REPLIES

Re: External displays on IP Hardphones.

In the phone configuration page, go to the line and under Display (Internal Caller ID) put the name of the user along with the Name of the site name. Since all the phones are in the same CallManager it will be like an internal call.

HTH

//Jorge

Re: External displays on IP Hardphones.

Jorge,

they do not have a phone assigned to them as they are external sites that have not got Call Manager set up. I have only imported them as users to make life easier for the Head Office users to call through the Corporate Directory. Can you actual assign a phone configuration page to a user if they do not have a physical phone assigned to them?

Regards,

Darren.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content