Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

External Operator

I have searched here and throughout the net for an answer to this (or even a nudge in the right direction) but still having a problem.  We have a few users who want to reach the external telco operator (reachable by 0) but the problem I am having a tough time wrapping my head around is the configuration.  We currently have a routing pattern for international as 9.011! so the first question I have is can I change that route pattern from 9.011! to 9.0! and have the requirement for operator access and international achieved by that one pattern?

Next part of the question is we have a router as our voicegateway for our T1 PRI so how would I do the dial-peers?  Again, I have a dial-peer for international as destination-pattern as 9[0][1][1]T.  And again, anybody have an idea how I could allow operator and international?  I am still learning Callmanager/voice stuff so my though is if a caller dialed a number like 9.011.......it would automatically match the operator dial-peer 90 before it would the international 9[0][1][1]T. 

Any insight?

Thanks,
Troy

Everyone's tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
VIP Super Bronze

External Operator

can I change that route pattern from 9.011! to 9.0! and have the requirement for operator access and international achieved by that one pattern?

No since the ! wildcard matches one or more digits. You can just create 9.0 (in addition to 9.011!) and it will be chosen after your T.302 timer expires. If the user enters more digits the international pattern will be chosen.

so how would I do the dial-peers?

Here's a snippet for reference.

dial-peer voice 37 pots

destination-pattern 9011T

port 0/1/0:23

prefix 011

!

dial-peer voice 41 pots

destination-pattern 90

forward-digits 1

!

dial-peer voice 42 pots

destination-pattern 900

forward-digits 2

!

dial-peer hunt 2

2 REPLIES
VIP Super Bronze

External Operator

can I change that route pattern from 9.011! to 9.0! and have the requirement for operator access and international achieved by that one pattern?

No since the ! wildcard matches one or more digits. You can just create 9.0 (in addition to 9.011!) and it will be chosen after your T.302 timer expires. If the user enters more digits the international pattern will be chosen.

so how would I do the dial-peers?

Here's a snippet for reference.

dial-peer voice 37 pots

destination-pattern 9011T

prefix 011

!

dial-peer voice 41 pots

destination-pattern 90

forward-digits 1

!

dial-peer voice 42 pots

destination-pattern 900

forward-digits 2

!

dial-peer hunt 2

Community Member

External Operator

Jonathan,

Thanks for the reply and for the information.  I was able to create a route pattern 9.0# and then in the dial-peer for my voice gateway create a destination-pattern of 90.  The funny thing is that I previously created a 9.411 route pattern and our T1 PRI provider directs both 411 and 0 to their own information service so this was a moot point.

But I have added your reply to ever growing Evernote notepad so that I can reference it later.

Troy

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content