Views
Helpful
Replies

External Phone Ringing?

dfrancoeur.cis
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I was hoping to get some advise on setting up a VOIP phone number to ring a phone as well as lack of a better term, an outside horn. We have a group that does a lot of work outside and they need to know when the phone rings. Can this be done with a c2960 or will I have to use a C1700.

Thanks for the help,

Dan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Dan,

We use the Stinger Ringer (Model 196) from Dees Communications. You will need an Analog port off a VG or ATA (with the IP Phone Directory Number) to power this device.This thing is super loud and works well for us. Here is an excerpt from the documentation;

The Stinger Ringer cuts through the noise of any environment with a powerful 110 dBA. Its intense signal is transmitted in all directions and reaches every corner of an industrial location or home.

The Stinger 90, Model 196, operates directly from Central Office power. It has a modular plug that connects right into a standard telephone wall jack. This unit is equipped with a three position volume switch (hi - med - low).

Here is a link to the actual doc:

http://www.dees.com/html/196_198.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Dan,

We use the Stinger Ringer (Model 196) from Dees Communications. You will need an Analog port off a VG or ATA (with the IP Phone Directory Number) to power this device.This thing is super loud and works well for us. Here is an excerpt from the documentation;

The Stinger Ringer cuts through the noise of any environment with a powerful 110 dBA. Its intense signal is transmitted in all directions and reaches every corner of an industrial location or home.

The Stinger 90, Model 196, operates directly from Central Office power. It has a modular plug that connects right into a standard telephone wall jack. This unit is equipped with a three position volume switch (hi - med - low).

Here is a link to the actual doc:

http://www.dees.com/html/196_198.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks for your help. I'll give it a go with the ATA. The Stinger Ringer, wake up the whole golf course.

Hi Dan,

Yes, start off on the Low setting to avoid too many errant Golf Balls :)

Take care,

Rob

Please remember to rate helpful posts.....

Rob, have you actually used these devices on an ATA? I am unsure exactly how to read the power requirements, but I know I tried another external ringer off an ATA and it failed miserably because the ATA could not supply enough current.

Thanks!

Hi Team,

Yes, but only in a "test" environment. We use VG248's in production. The Stinger worked fine with the ATA.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: