cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

External User Import tool

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

I have three Unity servers in seperate dialing domains networked together. One of the servers is configured for AMIS networking and has a AMIS deliviry location of "City Phonemail" and a location ID of "11". Everything works fine with blind addressing from the Phonemail to Unity servers and from any of the Unity servers back to the Phonemail servers. <br><br>I attempted to the use the External User Import tool to add approximately 500 amis users to Unity. When I use the tool the users are given an AMIS address of "City Phonemail_Extension" instead of "11_Extension". I specified 11 as the Delivery_Location_ID in my CSV file and it still used the name and not number for addressing. When I turn off blind addressing and send messages to the users with an AMIS address of "City Phonemail_Extension" it fails.<br><br>If I manually add users they get the AMIS address of "11_Extension" and forwarding works. Does anyone have any experience with this? I am not looking forward to manually adding over 500 AMIS users.<br><br>Thanks<br><br>

7 Replies 7

Not applicable

When you run the external user import tool it should offer you the option of picking which location objects to use as an assigment default if you don't have a location column in your CSV. Can you try this method instead of trying to assign it via CSV?

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Not applicable

I tried it with a location ID and without one listed in the CSV. When I run the import tool it asks which location I want to assign users to and it does see the AMIS location. The problem seems to be that it uses the name of the location instead of the location ID.

Thanks,
Erik

Not applicable

It's not showing you the delivery locations in the AMIS drop down? Or it's showing you some but not the one you want? It should have nothing to do with showing the name or the ID... the Object ID of the delivery location object is what gets associated with the newly created users on the back end... I'd be very suprised if it wasn't listing a valid local delivery location (we did much testing of this and some big companies have used this guy).

If it's showing you the delivery location in the drop down and you select it for importing users AND you've made absolutely sure there is no location reference in the CSV (just use alias, first/last name and extension if you can, this is the cleanest) and it's still associating them with the wrong location then I'll need to take a look.

Jeff Lindborg
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com

Not applicable

I apologize if I am not being clear. There is only one location in the drop down box and it is the correct location. When the users are created with this tool and I select this location the AMIS address is in the form of “Location Name”_”Extension” instead of “Location ID”_”Extension”. For example, if the delivery location is called “Phonemail”, the location ID is “11” and a user extension is “5100” then the AMIS address with the import tool is “Phonemail_5100” while if I add the user manually the AMIS address is “11_5100”.

The “Phonemail_5100” address does not work while the “11_5100” address does. Maybe both of these should work and the mapping of the name “Phonemail” to the location ID is broken somewhere. One interesting point to note is that the location ID did change since the location was created.

Thanks

Not applicable

hmmm... that's odd, I have no idea why that would be behaving that way. The remote address should always only be made up of numbers and an underscore on the left side of the address. I'll have to walk through the code and see what could be tripping up there.

Out of curiousity if you run the Extension Address Utility (in the unity program group) does it change the "phonemail_xxx" addresses to "xx_yyyy" addresses?

Jeff Lindborg
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com

Not applicable

I ran the Extension Address Utility and it did not modify the AMIS address of the imported users. I am considering modifying the name of the location to match the location ID when I import the users to see if it solves my problem. If my location ID is "11" I will name the location "11". It is not very descriptive but I hope that I can change it when I am done.

Do you think this would cause me any problems?

Thanks

Not applicable

if the extension address utility isn't changing the ID for you, something else is going on behind the scenes that's fouling things up. Can I get into your system via WTS just to have a look at the SQL database (I don't need to make changes I just need to check some object links to see what's going on). If so, ping me at my corporate email...

Jeff Lindborg
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: