Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

External vs internal display name

Hi,

I know about the external phone number mask, but how can we change the name ? For example :

John Smith

DN 12345

DID 555-213-4567

For internal calls, we get : John Smith 12345.

For external call, we get : John Smith, 555-213-4567.

How can we modify the name to get :

Company name or whatever the user wants to display, instead of the name ? We have users complaining that they don't want their names displayed for external calls.

Thanks.

2 REPLIES

Re: External vs internal display name

Sandy,

You need to speak with your Telco provider. Make sure all of your DIDs are registered with a CNAME server. Provide Telco with the correct names for each DID. This will give the correct CLID Name information for your numbers. If you want specific user's to have specific display then provide this to Telco in the list of DIDs. Depending on Telco configuration a CNAME lookup will override what is sent from CCM, so this is the most thorough way to do this.

You can also set CallManager not to display CLID Name outbound. Go to your gateway and uncheck Display IE Delivery on the PRI. This will disable outbound Calling Name.

Please rate any helpful posts

Thanks

Fred

Re: External vs internal display name

Fred,

The Telco is configurd to send the company name and the main DID number. However, we have a legacy PBX and a CCM. When it's a PBX phone, the company name and number is sent. But when it's an IP Phone, the Display name in the CCM is sent, it overrides the Telco config or I should say, it respects what the CCM is sending.

Now, I'm wondering what's the difference between unchecking the Display IE delivery in the PRI configuration on the GW and configuring the Calling Name Presentation to "Restricted" in the Route Pattern ??

Which method is the best approach ?

Thanks.

Views
Helpful
Replies