cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Fail-over VM ports

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

In a Fail-over environment with 2 Unity servers, just want to confirm that if we have 16 ports for the primary server, then we will need to configure 32 ports on the CallManager box with each ports forwarding to the next one for all Busy/No answer and the last port do the same thing to the first. <br><br>Systems Engineer

2 Replies 2

Not applicable

Yeah, you need 32 ports. The last port on the Primary Unity server forwards to the first port on the Fail-over Unity server. This should be in the integration guide here...

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_unity/unity31/integuid/callma31/cm31_313/itcicmip.htm#xtocid17

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

Not applicable

Okay, correct me if I am wrong here. I have 16 ports for the primary server therefore I need 32 total ports to support FO.

I created 32 ports using the same Name under Cisco Call Manager. Didn't work. Turns out that BOTH Primary/Secondary server would fight for the very same ports if they are done this way. So here is what I have done to overcome this issue:

For Unity #1:
Use Cisco-VM1-VIx for the VM Ports Prefix.

For Unity #2:
Use Cisco-VM2-VIx FOR the VM ports Prefix.

Doing this allows both systems to have its own unique ports with CallMan and they BOTH work peacefully with the CallManager box (before running the FO Configuration). From an IP phone, I was able to hit either the 1st or the 2nd Unity box depending on which ports I dialed.

Given that, I proceeded with the Fail-over Config. Ran the Primary server first (successfully done). Then ran that on the 2nd Unity server (successfully done as well). Rebooted the 2nd Unity server for the replication to take effect. Here is my problem at this point:

The 2nd Unity box just doesn't want to come up anymore (The Unity AvMgr Service will fail everytime the system reboots). The Call Manager is now rejecting the VM ports from the 2nd server for some strange reasons. According to the Fail-over monitor, both systems are communicating with one another. (The primary server is also able detect whether the AvNodeservice is on or off from the 2nd server). Are there any obvious things that i have done wrong here? Possible software Bugs?

Systems Engineer

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: