cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

Failed Initial Install, Trying to Re-Install

I'm getting the following message:

Value " is not a valid enumeration. Your uninstall file could be corrupt. Please check the files in Commserver\Setup\Commserver and verify that they are correct.

I installed 4.0(2) and the install hung during one of the later stages. The Cisco Unity Tools Depot is on the desktop, and all of the files are in the Commserver directory.

I'm trying to re-install, but the option I'm given is to Upgrade Unity, when I'm on the selection screen for TTS, etc.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: Failed Initial Install, Trying to Re-Install

You'll need to clean out the previous install first - The Uninstall tool that ships with Unity is designed to remove the install of Unity that at least as the services installed and registered (i.e. you can attach to the gateway) - it doesn't sound like it got that far so it'll probably have issues - however you can at least give it a try (you'll find it under \commserver\uninstall3xand4x\).

Assuming that fails you'll have to manually remove a few things:

1. kill all the services using "KILL AV*.* -F" from the commserver install directory.

2. stop the IIS and Web services in the SCM. This will stop all the Exchange and FTP etc... services if they're on the box as well.

3. Remove the HKLM\Software\Active Voice registry branch.

5. Remove the HKLM\Software\Phrase Server Classes registry branch.

4. unregister all the services in the SCM that Unity added - all those that start with AVxxx and the CSBridgeConnector. You can do this using the INSTRSRV EXE that you'll find in the Uninstall directory noted above. You used it like this:

"INSTSRV AvCsMgr REMOVE"

and it'll unregister the service. Do this for each service.

5. Remove the AvCsGateway from the "startup" folder in the start menu.

6. Remove the Commserver installation directory. You may have to reboot before it'll let you get all the files out of there since some may be loaded in memory.

That should do it - the Uninstall tool does a bunch of other stuff such as removing DLLs from system folders, getting rid of icons on the desktop etc... but none of that should get in the way of a new installation.

If the install fails on you again you'll want to run that down - make _sure_ you've disabled any virus scanning software on the system, that's a common issue at the end of setup where it's copying files, it'll look like it's hung bug in fact it's just running very, very slow.

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: Failed Initial Install, Trying to Re-Install

You'll need to clean out the previous install first - The Uninstall tool that ships with Unity is designed to remove the install of Unity that at least as the services installed and registered (i.e. you can attach to the gateway) - it doesn't sound like it got that far so it'll probably have issues - however you can at least give it a try (you'll find it under \commserver\uninstall3xand4x\).

Assuming that fails you'll have to manually remove a few things:

1. kill all the services using "KILL AV*.* -F" from the commserver install directory.

2. stop the IIS and Web services in the SCM. This will stop all the Exchange and FTP etc... services if they're on the box as well.

3. Remove the HKLM\Software\Active Voice registry branch.

5. Remove the HKLM\Software\Phrase Server Classes registry branch.

4. unregister all the services in the SCM that Unity added - all those that start with AVxxx and the CSBridgeConnector. You can do this using the INSTRSRV EXE that you'll find in the Uninstall directory noted above. You used it like this:

"INSTSRV AvCsMgr REMOVE"

and it'll unregister the service. Do this for each service.

5. Remove the AvCsGateway from the "startup" folder in the start menu.

6. Remove the Commserver installation directory. You may have to reboot before it'll let you get all the files out of there since some may be loaded in memory.

That should do it - the Uninstall tool does a bunch of other stuff such as removing DLLs from system folders, getting rid of icons on the desktop etc... but none of that should get in the way of a new installation.

If the install fails on you again you'll want to run that down - make _sure_ you've disabled any virus scanning software on the system, that's a common issue at the end of setup where it's copying files, it'll look like it's hung bug in fact it's just running very, very slow.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content