cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Failed to apply sr2 to Callmanager 3.3(3) on Cisco 7825

Leonlei
Level 1
Level 1

When applying the sr2 to CallManager 3.3(3), the installation process stopped at "Database Update" phrase. I had to restart the system manually after I waiting for 45 mins here.

After the system boot on, it works fine. I checked the update log file and found the "install complete".

What is the probelm? and how to verify the sr2 has been applied succesfully or failed?

Thanks in advance

2 Replies 2

mciarfello
Level 4
Level 4

CCMadmin, DETAILS button on the about page.

I would run the SR2 again (if it lets you) and see if it completes.

Check SQL to verify it's ok. See if the database instance increased by 1. (For example CCM0300 to CCM0301) You would have to know what it was before the upgrade.

For 7825's, I would buy another hard drive and Ghost / Drive Image the existing drive before an upgrade. Image it before you do any more work on it.

Bear in mind CCM Service Releases do not increment the database name, as a minor upgrade will do. In my experience, a Service Release usually only updates binaries, and occasionally includes a new DevPack with recent phone and gateway loads.

You will see the database increment when doing a minor upgrade (3.3(2c) to 3.3(3) for example).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: