Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Failsafe errors

Started to get this errors on the eventlogs. Status monitor show no problems on the ports. Errors are bunched 8am, noon, 6pm. Busy times? We have way more ports than we need at this stage of deployment.<br><br>Event Type: Error<br>Event Source: AvConvMsg_MC<br>Event Category: Error <br>Event ID: 10016<br>Date: 7/18/2001<br>Time: 6:09:32 PM<br>User: N/A<br>Computer: EXCHANGE<br>Description:<br>Transferred to FailSafe conversation while running conversation AttemptForward on Port 1. See the following file for the contents of the Named Properties : C:\CommServer\logs\NPDump_20010718_180932.txt <br><br>What should I look for?<br><br>schois

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
3 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Failsafe errors

so there's no other errors around this time (i.e. right before or after this one?). Also, the dump file referenced by the error entry itself has some helpful information sometimes for conversation developers.

just looking at this error doesn't give me much in the way of an idea of what's happening here... anything you can tell us about what's happening on the phone (i.e. what the caller is experiencing) would be useful.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Anonymous
N/A

No compliants from subscribers. There are several ports giving these errors. So far the pattern occurs two/three times to different port, in one case the same port, per occurrance:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: AvConvMsg_MC
Event Category: Error
Event ID: 10002
Date: 7/19/2001
Time: 8:17:18 AM
User: N/A
Computer: EXCHANGE
Description:
IAvDohHandler::get_Administrator returned [0x8004200c] on line 475 of file h:\CommSvr\Sources\AvConvPhoneHandler\AvConvPHAttemptForwardSvr\AvConvPHAttemptForward.cpp

Running conversation AttemptForward on Port 6

Next entry:
Event ID: 10002
Description:
RouteCallToSubscriber returned [0x8004200c] on line 191 of file h:\CommSvr\Sources\AvConvPhoneHandler\AvConvPHAttemptForwardSvr\AvConvPHAttemptForward.cpp

Running conversation AttemptForward on Port 6
Next entry:
Event ID: 10010
Description:
[Thread 0x000010A0] CAvCDEConvBase::Run() error from RunEx() in conversation [AttemptForward] on Device ID [6]

Next entry:
Event ID: 10016
Description:
Transferred to FailSafe conversation while running conversation AttemptForward on Port 6. See the following file for the contents of the Named Properties : C:\CommServer\logs\NPDump_20010719_081718.txt

log entry referred to above:
Named Properties dump of conversation AttemptForward, Port 6

CallDeviceID STRING : 6
Logger OBJECT : 0x008272fc
PersistentProps OBJECT : 0x100617a8

Along with the above I am getting quite a few of these errors:
Event Type: Warning
Event Source: AvNotifier_MC
Event Category: Run
Event ID: 1015
Time: 8:20:53 AM
Description:
Received message event for user that is not monitored.

schois

Anonymous
N/A

ah... that first one is a real good clue. You have one or more call handlers in your system that have bogus administrators and/or recipeints on them.

When we load a call handler we go fetch both the administrator and the recipient and if both are not valid subscribers in the system, you'll get dumped to fail safe. You can download dbWalker from my web site and it'll help you track down which handlers bogus... it wont fix it for you automatically (lots of folks expect it to do that and I'm not sure why... I can't just randomly pick a new message recipient and owner for you!) but it will show you which handlers have a problem so you can go fix them yourself in the SA.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.