Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Failsafe system greeting

I am having trouble with my unity system. When you dial our vm pilot number you receive the message "Sorry this system is temporarily unavailable". This also happens when you try to pound out of you voice mail.

5 REPLIES
Community Member

Re: Failsafe system greeting

What version of Unity? Can users leave and retrieve messages? What do you see in the application event log?

You should look at your opening greeting to see if there's anything missing. Make sure there's an owner (on the Profile page) and a message recipient (on the Messages page).

adam

Community Member

Adam,

There is no owner listed or extension and when you go to the opening greeting call handler/greetings the source is recording. After greeting is set to call handler but what call handler.

Community Member

This field doesn't really matter in newer versions of Unity (yet), but what I'm afraid may have happened is that the message recipient is blank as well. The call handler doesn't need an extension, but it does need that message recipient. Go to the Messages page for that call handler and pick a message recipient. That'll probably fix it.

adam

Community Member

I went to the messages page but I am not sure who the message recipient should be?

Community Member

It can be set to whoever you want it set to. By default it should be set to the example administrator. Set it to whoever is administrator of the unity box.

adam

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content