cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

failure using HOLD on a MGCP gateway.

raul_maldonado
Level 1
Level 1

Could somebody please tell me the reason why when gateway MGCP is used and you put a call on hold this call is cut. I tested with gateway h323 and that does not happen. I am using CCM 3.2.2c. and the ios of the vg200 is vg200-i6s-mz.122-2.XN.bin.

THANK YOU

3 Replies 3

jbayuka
Level 5
Level 5

I would like you to patch your CM to a latest Service pack and see. You could also ttry enabling the SDL/SDI traces on the call manager and observe for any clues.

More info on troubleshooting here http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/788/AVVID/ts_ccm_301.html

You may want to start by disabling the RTCP timer on the MGCP GW with this global config command:

"no mgcp timer receive-rtcp"

If this doesn't help, you may have issues CODEC/Region configurations. You will need to look at the CallMaanger traces for this to see if you have capabilities mis-matches and problems with MTP allocating resources.

munatara
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I would recommend to go to different version of IOS like 12.2.13T3. 12.2.2XN was deferred long time for various bugs.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: