Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

fallback due to RTCP timer

I have a customer whose phones are going into fallback on a SRST gateway, and then reregistering to the call managers quite often. Sometimes they don't reregister very easily. I changed a command that was in the config. Used to be "no mgcp timer receive-rtcp", and I set it to the default (guessed it-not in IOS command index for 12.2) "mgcp timer receive-rtcp 5". What direct affect does this timer have? There is no reference to it in the IOS command index. I had several phones not registering, when I stumbled on this and did a "sh rtsp client session history",,,,looked good,, looked bad,,,then it was good again. It registered all the phones, then it deregistered all of them, and then they all synched up again!?!?!?!? The console never showed any messages while this happened. I know what RTP is, and I'm very familiar with it. What is this command supposed to do for me?

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
1 REPLY

Re: fallback due to RTCP timer

I think it does make an impact as I understand from this URL where this command is documented http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1839/products_feature_guide09186a0080087eb3.html#xtocid25

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.