cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Fax ID reports

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

I have a customer who wants to run a report to find the Fax ID's that he has used. Unity doesn't have that field (not that I could find anyway) in any report and if you use the standard export tool in the Exchange Admin, it also does not include any fax information. I know you can use a tool in the Exchange Resource Kit to export any field you want but I was wondering if there is any other way to accomplish this. Thanks. <br><br>

2 Replies 2

Not applicable

None of our built in reports show the FaxID… it’s kind of difficult to add this to generic reports since it only makes sense for systems that have fax installed and for the rest of the folks it’s just taking up precious column space.

I dinked around trying to figure out a snappy way to get at this, but there really isn’t an easy way to do it even using readily available Exchange tools. I didn’t even see anything in the Recourse Kit to do this… there’s a tool to do IMPORTS of any field you want but no way to force it to kick out all that info. Which is really weak. There might be something out there but I couldn’t find it on the MSDN stuff I have at my disposal.

Tell ya what… I need to pull out the rest of the insulation from my attic (yes… I’m on “vacation” and reinsulating… joy), but when I’m done I’ll kick out a quick script that dumps the FaxID out for you. If I’m feeling really ambitious maybe I’ll make a generic script that lets folks decide which and how many properties to dump out. I’ll try to have it on my web page tonight or tomorrow morning.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect
Active Voice
jlindborg@activevoice.com
http://members.home.net/jlindborg

Not applicable

Sorry for the delay... got the wiring all torn out of the back of the house and it took me a bit longer to get it flying than I thought.

Anyway, I decided to go with a broader application instead of a one off script. The "Subscriber Information Dump" utility is on the web page below. It lets you generate CSV files of various formats using subscriber data items in the directory. For this first version I've included a small list of subscriber data I think would be helpful, including the FAX ID value.

It's fairly easy to update with additional data items if folks want... just ping me with a request.

-JL

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect
Active Voice
jlindborg@activevoice.com
http://members.home.net/jlindborg