Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Fax integration with Unity 3.1x

One of my client will be installing a VM only Unity server (W2K FSMO, Exch 2000, SQL and UNITY on one box). They would also like enable users to be able to forward faxes to any fax machines when they retrieve their VM. <br><br>I have dealt with setup like this utilizing Rightfax with Unity in a UM environment. Would it similar with the VM environment as well? (What i mean is setting up Rightfax, for example, with Exchange connector and forward faxes into each users' mailbox in Unity) <br><br><br><br>Systems Engineer

1 REPLY
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Fax integration with Unity 3.1x

yeah, process is exactly the same. VM only with Unity still uses Exchange as your message store for each subscriber so the fax server needs to be configured to route to mailboxes based on DID info or DTMF packages forwarded or the like. Once a fax is in the inbox of a user with a message class we recognize as a fax, we'll make it avaialble for sending out. When you send the fax out all we're doing is forwarding it to the fax gateway in Exchange along with the phone number the user requested it go to. All works the same regardless of if you're doing it from the desktop or over the phone or if you're a UM or VM only install.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content