cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Fax Problem

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

We have a client site where the faxing went down this morning. Starting the LFExGateway service manually generates the following error in the event log:<br><br>The LFExGateway service terminated with the following error: <br>The security account database contains an internal inconsistency. <br><br>The only problem they have had in the last few months is when they changed their Exchange Site Services account a few weeks ago (and forgot to change the password in the Unity services.) We have corrected that problem and they have restarted the box since that time. They say faxing just stopped this morning.<br><br>I have tried creating another Exchange site services admin equivelant and logging the service on with it, but I get the same error. Any ideas?<br><br>Craig Sixta, MCNE, MCSE, CCNA<br>Network Engineer<br>Matrix Communications, Inc.

2 Replies 2

Not applicable

That LfxGateway service also starts with the Exchange Service Account & password, so make sure it's been updated there as well.

I forget if there's another LFX service that starts with that account (most of them use System), but the Lightning Fax gateway service definitely needs it.

Not applicable

That is what I initially thought the problem was too. It turns out that we were able to fix the problem by pulling the LFExGateway.exe out of the setup files and replacing the one that was running on the system. It did not even require a restart. My guess is that the original executable must have somehow become corrupt.

Craig Sixta, MCNE, MCSE, CCNA
Network Engineer
Matrix Communications, Inc.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: