Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Fax questions

I have 2 questions re: faxing.<br><br>1. DTMF fax routing. Customer does not have DID. Would ppl sending faxes need to enter the main fax number then their fax ID to route faxes accordingly? Also, does the fax ID need to be unique?<br><br>2. "Your Company Here" on the CSID (I think thats what it's called). Where do I change that? I've entered in the Company info under the Fax Config in the SA, but this doesn't change the "Your Company Here" on the fax CSID (info at the very top of the fax page).<br><br>Thanks very much!<br><br>Brent<br><br>

1 REPLY
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Fax questions

If your switch can’t be programmed to send along DTMF for the DID information in this case then yeah, you’ll want to set the ports up for “DTMF Manual” in the fax configuration tool and users will have to know to enter the ID of the person they are going to send the fax to. A little on the cryptic side since GammaFax doesn’t support playing a prompt at all. All users will hear is a beep and silence… they’ll need to know to enter the ID or they can just hit start and go.

Yes, the fax IDs should be unique but this is not enforced strictly. If more than one ID matches, LightningFax is not going to know which user to send it to… I believe it’s just the first one it finds in their database. Not something you want to have to deal with… In general the Extension numbers of the user should match the FAX IDs and be unique if you can get away with it.

The CSID has it’s own line on the fax page… you updated this line and it still says “your company name” on the outbound fax? I just tried this on my 2.4.0 box and it works OK. What version are you at? If you get in a jam we can punch into the LightningFax configuration stuff and change it manually there, but the SA page should take care of this for you.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect
Active Voice
jlindborg@activevoice.com
http://members.home.net/jlindborg

Views
Helpful
Replies