Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Fax Relay Question

I have a customer with a distributed call manager design. At one of the remote sites is a 1750 with FXS interface to a fax machine. Fax-relay is supported on the IOS but all the docs I've found indicate that it is not compatible with the 6608 blade at the central site that the fax ultimately needs to go out on. Can someone confirm that this is the case or let me know the current status.

Thanks

2 REPLIES
Silver

Re: Fax Relay Question

Cisco Fax relay is supported on Cat 6K T-1. To insure Cisco Fax relay is used out the GW in a G.729 region.

Cisco Employee

Re: Fax Relay Question

Actually, you don't have to configure the G.729 region anymore. If you are using the T load anyway.

But you probably won't have much luck getting the fax relay codec in the 6608 blade to work with fax relay on the IOS gateway. So on the router, configure the codec to be g711ulaw, and use the voip dial-peer command fax-rate disable and no vad and make sure SilenceSuppressionSystemWide and SilenceSuppressionWithGateways service parameters are set to F on all your CallManagers.

Views
Helpful
Replies