Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

FAX SERVER AND UNITY

I have a question about FAX server and unity. I know FAX server is a third party software. What I am windering here is:

1. Do I need any card installed in Unity to connect to FAX server if the exchange is inbox(VM)? Or purely via LAN.The reason I am asking this is in Unity 2.46 there is a card for FAX.

2. If the caller dial the fax number , does call directly goes to FAX server or to Cisco GW? Or either way?

Thanks

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: FAX SERVER AND UNITY

1. no you don't need a fax card and in fact we wont support you if you put one in. The 2.x product line had an OEMed fax server in there that we shipped bundled with Unity - it had been modified to reduce CPU usage and provide an admin plug in for our SA, however that was removed some time ago and is no longer supported (you couldn't buy it new in 2.4.6 - it was for upgrades only by that point). All Unity's fax interaction goes through Exchange and the gateway over the network, nothing direct.

2. The call would normally go right into the fax server.

Views
Helpful
Replies