Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fax Server options with a 6608 blade.

I would like to leverage an available port in my 6608 blade to do fax services.

Is there a fax server software that will work with the 6608 and do fax signaling directly over IP to the 6608 for inbound and outbound service?

Scott

6 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Fax Server options with a 6608 blade.

Since the 6608 does not do T.38 fax relay(only standard cisco fax relay) it limits you options to using a server that will accept fax pass-through signaling(g711). Most fax servers will do this...another option would be a seperate router doing on and off-ramp faxing.

Are there any plans to suppor T.38 on the 6608 in the future?

I'm in the same boat. The 6608 won't support standard T.38 fax relay but I did read a post by a Cisco person a few months ago that it was going be added some time in the future. In the mean time what I've done is hooked up an AS5300 with a PRI port to the 6608. The AS5300 does T.38 just fine and CallManager routes calls to fax numbers over to the AS5300. (Any IOS box with a voice T-1/PRI card will work.) The AS5300 then routes the T.38 call to our fax server Xmedius (http://www.xmedius.com) which is an awsome product. It will be twice as awsome when we can use the 6608 directly. It's a round-about way to route fax calls but it works fine.

I have just spec'd a network with a 6608 connected to rightfax using a brooktrout t-1 card. The calls will come in on a PRI and be routed to rightfax across the T-1. I was told by a local cisco engineer that they have successfully installed this at a customer site here locally (Maryland). We have not started the project yet, so I cannot speak from personal experience.

I actually ended up using this solution very recently. Cat 6503 w/ 8 port T1 blade connected via T1 cross over to a Brooktrout 8 channel TR1034 (supports both T1 and PRI signaling).

CCM does all the routing for me based on the dialed number. Again, works beautifully.

Trying to implement same solution. Having problems with communication between Brooktrout and 6608. How does the 6608 handle 8 channels from Brooktrout when it appears it does not support subrate type circuit. Please advise on what is the best way to set this up.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content