Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fax Server options

What is your favorite fax server to integrate into an Avvid solution? <br><br>Call Manager 3.2.(1) spB <br>Unity 3.1(2) (with unified messaging) <br>Exchange 2000 <br>200-300 users, about 90% in corporate location, remainder are field users. <br><br>While price is always an issue, I am mostly concerned with compatibility and feature set. <br><br>Thanks, <br>Jim <br><br><br>

1 REPLY
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Fax Server options

from Unity's perspective the fax server compatibility is the same for all fax servers... there's none that work better or worse from our perspective.

My personal opinion is that the RightFax from Captaris is a pretty slick product that has nice features and is pretty easy to setup and use. Of course I'm a bit biased since my primary concern is inital setup and configuration vs. robust fax functionality for the clients since during testing this was my biggest problem with most fax servers. I found RightFax and Faxination to be the most well documented and easy to install/configure of the servers I tested. Mind you this was a while ago... it really depends on the fax features your customers need.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content