cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Fax server -- sending additional digits over PRI?

isteam
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a fax server setup using a Brooktrout PRI card, connected via PRI to a 2851 gateway, which is then connect to the CO by PRI.

Walmart has decided to change their fax number to a menu based system, which requires me to add pauses and press extra digits to get to the fax extension. I tried adding several ,'s and the extra digits, but the call looks to be dying on my gateway.

Here is the output of the failed call. The numbers are replaced with fakes, but the dial string used was 9,1115555,,,,4 As you can see it only sent 911155554.

Oct 9 15:21:20: ISDN Se0/3/0:23 Q931: RX <- SETUP pd = 8 callref = 0x0034

Bearer Capability i = 0x9090A2

Standard = CCITT

Transfer Capability = 3.1kHz Audio

Transfer Mode = Circuit

Transfer Rate = 64 kbit/s

Channel ID i = 0xA98383

Exclusive, Channel 3

Called Party Number i = 0x80, '911155554'

Plan:Unknown, Type:Unknown

Oct 9 15:21:20: ISDN Se0/3/0:23 Q931: TX -> RELEASE_COMP pd = 8 callref = 0x8034

Cause i = 0x8081 - Unallocated/unassigned number

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

once the call is connected, the menu must be driven in DTMF by the endpoint device, that is the brooktrout card. Supposedly there should be a way to program it so that after the call is connected, further digits are sent in dtmf and not in setup message, because are not part of the number. The 'pause' approach work only if the fax is dialing out an analog line. So I think you would need support from them.

To fix the issue on router side, in theory you could use a custom tcl/ivr script to have router to call, dial DTMF, then connect to user.

hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Thanks for the explanation.

Btw, I also heard back from the product support and they told me that menu navigation is not supported. Too bad for me...

Ok. Can you try a DP where destination-pattern matches the called number until last digit (but no $ sign at end).

Router should then play excess digits in-band after connect. But I'm afraid that there is no way to insert pauses between digits.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: