Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Fax Server / would analog voice ports pass Called Number ?

Hi All,

I'm in the process of deploying an IP Telephony setup with the following detail:

2600 terminating ISDN PRI with DID

CM 3.3

Unity 4 unified messaging

I have also proposed Captaris, Rightfax fax server.

I was assuming that the fax server would talk over IP with PBX (Call Manager). From the documentation it seems like we would need dedicated fax lines on the fax server; could some one please confirm.

If I need to have dedicated fax lines then I have two options, either use the VG248 or use analog cards in 2600 type of ios voice gateway. I would like to know if both or any of these voice gateways will pass the Called Number (DNIS) to the Fax Server???

Passing the Called Number is important because based on those dialed numbers, Fax server will send the calls to the right mail box.

Your help in this regard would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ahmer Ghazi

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: Fax Server / would analog voice ports pass Called Number ?

Yes, you'll need dedicated fax lines coming into the fax server. T38 is in the works which would change that formula but for the time being you'll have to get lines into fax cards off the fax server itself.

I can't speak to your question on the gateways passing DNIS - you may want to hit the IP Telephony forum with that question.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content