Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Fax through Call Manager DID to Unity w/ Fax Server

Has anyone set up a FAX scenario where you have Did's over PRI coming in through a 2610 H323 w/ Call Manager? Will this work? I have an idea how i would do it, but i am not sure if it will work.

Fax inbound--> Call Manager DN w/ Fwd all to Unity Pilot.---> unity subscriber has fax extension matching Fax DID ----> Fax server.

Does this sound right?

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: Fax through Call Manager DID to Unity w/ Fax Server

Unity doesn't handle incoming fax calls... you need to have those routed directly to a 3rd party fax server to handle - it routes the inbound fax to the appropriate email box based on the DID number dialed usually. It stamps the message with a known message class that Unity will treat as a fax when the user calls in to check their inbox over the phone.

You may also be interested to check out the inbound IP fax routing capabilties available with Unity and your gateway - limited functionality but a 3rd party fax server isn't necessary for handling the inbound routing (outbound is another story). You can check it out here:

http://www.answermonkey.net/App_IPFaxConfigurationWizard.htm

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content