cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FAX with an ATA186 and Call Manager

andy-smith
Level 1
Level 1

I have a problem with FAX on the ATA186 working with Call Manager (v3.11), I thought you may have a solution.

The ATA186 only supports FAX Pass Through. We are using 3660's (v 12.2(2).T1) with HDV cards but these do not support Fax Pass Through. Call Manager supports Fax Pass-Through with MGCP but the HDV card is not supported on the Call Manager! So, you see my dilema.

I have turned off Fax Relay on the router in an attempt to pass Fax inside a G711 call but it still fails. The call get through and starts to send, but fails with a Reception Error.

Do you know of a solution / workaround?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Andy

4 Replies 4

dgoodwin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Is 12.2(2)T1 the only version you have tried this with on the 3660? I would be curious to see what would happen if you tried 12.1(5)T9 instead. Also, can you copy and paste in the config from the 3660 as far as how you have the voice-ports and dial-peers configured?

I have a ATA186-L-I1. I have now found out, from another conversation on this forum, that the ATA186-L-I1 is for the US and the L2 is for the UK. Although voice works fine, this is probably whats causing my modem and Fax to fail. Any thoughts?

By the way, I will try 12.1(5)T9.

Dear Andy

We are looking to do some test on the ATA do you have any tip for getting it work with Call Manager?

Thanks R

clachman
Level 1
Level 1

Hi together,

we have also Problems with ATA186,Cisco 3640 and Callmanager (v3.11). We´ve tried a lot of tests with

different configs but we are not able to send faxes to the ATA via Callmanager. The problem may be the ATA in combination with the Callmanager. When we used the Standard-Connect-Mode "60010" configured at the ATA186 for use with Callmanager and placed the ATA as H.323-Device into the Callmanager we´re able to send faxes but we´re not able to receive any fax. It stops at the moment when the ATA tries to connect to the FAX in the PSTN. You hear the fax tone,but a few seconds after connect the ATA disconnects the call. The only way we are able to receive Fax with the ATA is to configure a direct dial-peer to the ATA and with Connect-Mode "6C010". But this is only a workaround and dosent work with Call-Handling via the Callmanager. We use in our test-lab a Cisco-Gatekeeper and we don´t like to configure 100 dial-peers for 100 ATA186.

Do you know a solution or an better workaround with out additional Dial-Peers ?

Regards

Carsten