cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Faxes printing black

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

I posted this one a few days ago and have yet to receive a response, so I will repost. <br><br>When I open a received fax from my inbox and print it to a printer they come out completely dark. It seems that I have run across this issue before and there was some setting in the properties of the print to mail driver or the printer driver that had to be changed. Could you remind me of what that is again and if I'm totally out in left field with my memory, help me with this issue. The operation system is Win 98 and Outlook 2000.<br><br>Thanks in advance.<br><br><br><br><br><br><br>

2 Replies 2

Not applicable

I looked through all the old tickets and my old fax notes and I don't see this scenario. All the problems with the PTF printer driver had to do with it not kicking out a TIF or locking up or not installing etc... I couldn't find anything with printing out all black pages. Is the resulting TIF (viewed in IE or something) black or is it just the resulting print out of that fax? This sound more like a problem with the printer driver for your printer than a problem with the TIF generation.

if the resulting TIF is all black in IE then the only thing I can suggest is conctacting Interstar to see if it's something they know about. A quick look on their site didn't turn anything of the kind up...

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Not applicable

I got this same problem printing to HP4050 using MS Image or Paint but not to other printers. I then used Irfan View (a freeware imaging program) and now can print to any printer.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: