Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Feature for unauthorised dialing access for CM .

Hi,

Given the restrictions that are with FAC, is there any other feature in the CM that can be implemented to give an IP Phone user control over any unauthorised dial access from his phone ? i.e I need to implement a feature by which the user can himself disable the dial access from his phone when he is not at his desk.

This is a very basic feature that any user is accustomed to in the tradidtional EPABX and expects the same in the CM setup too.

Brgds

Renzil

1 REPLY
Super Bronze

Re: Feature for unauthorised dialing access for CM .

Hi Renzil

I'd look at using Extension Mobility - the phone could have a DN on it that either has internal access only, or could have whatever access to dialling you decide..

Then the real user of the phone would log in to the phone, and have his DN and speed dials/services etc applied to it... From then it would be his responsibility to log out of the phone when not at the desk....

Here's some info on the feature:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00803f3a8d.html#wp51829

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content