Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

File Not Found - Cisco IP Phone 7940 boot up error...

When I plug in a 7940 Cisco IP phone, to a PoE switch, it boots up, but at the end of the boot it displays 'File Not Found SEP{MAC Address}'

The result of this error is 'Corporate Directory' is not displayed along with the help features. This seems to be a problem with the phone grabbing the config file from the TFTP server. After setting up 200+ phones, it just started happening to new ones I set up, randomly. Everything is set right in Call Manager, and Ive tried solutions such as unlocking the phone, turning DHCP off, then rebooting. There is no documentaion at all on this error which I find strange. Any help greatly appcreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: File Not Found - Cisco IP Phone 7940 boot up error...

We had same isse with some phones and they coudl not find the phone template.

Solution for this was to rest the TFTP server. EVry thing came back up fine. Not seen that issue after that

6 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Was the phone manually added in CCM or are you using Auto Registration? This error indicates that the phone cannot find it's config file in TFTP folder, check to see if it has been created. Is the TFTP server your primary callmanager call procesing server, perhaps you are having db replication isses. Use dblhelper tool to check the replication.

Chris

I manually added each phone. Management over here may think a simple reboot over the weekend will solve this. I will look into your suggestion, thanks.

Cisco Employee

You can try restarting the Cisco TFTP service on the CCM. This will cause the server to rebuild the config files for all the devices.

I would recommand using a sniffer or similar tool to capture the packets of the phone booting. You can easily see from here if the phone is able to contact the TFTP server.

Kevin

We had same isse with some phones and they coudl not find the phone template.

Solution for this was to rest the TFTP server. EVry thing came back up fine. Not seen that issue after that

Thanks for the reply's. I'll wait for the server restart before messing around anymore. I'll reply on Monday saying if it worked or not.

Problem solved. It turns out rebooting the Call manager and Unity solved this issue. Hope to not see this problem again.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content