Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

File not found: SEP... on IP Phones

Hello,

I have some IP Phones that have the following problems:

1. File not found:SEP....xml.cnf

2. Directory button does not display the directory

3. When the Services button is pressed it says Host not found.

I have been reading a lot and some documents suggest this is an IIS problem where I have to stop and restart the service. Others state that I should restart the TFTP service --> Set Cache to false --> Update --> Turn it back to True --> Update. The document also says that this config files are stored in the tftp cache and if they are not found it send File not found to the phone.

I was wondering whether this are two separate issues or not. Wouldn't the fact that the phone is not finding the file affect the Services and Directory services?

The phones are operational which make me believe this is more an IIS problem than a TFTP problem.

Any suggestions?

4 REPLIES

Re: File not found: SEP... on IP Phones

You said earlier that only some phones have this problem. So are the rest of the phones showing the directory and services properly ? I am sure you already have checked enterprise parameters page and changed all the URLs from name to ip address.

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, all my URL are IP addresses. I believe that eventually all the phones will have the same issues because it started by one or two and now I have many more.

What version Callmanager is this ? Is this a clean install or upgrade ? Do you see any error messages in event viewer related to IIS, TFTP etc ?

I have callmanager version 4.1(3) and it was an upgrade from 3.3 but everything has been working just fine.

In only error I see in the event viewer is "IIS log failed to write entry" source Active Server Pages and also "Station Event Alert" source Callmanager

No logs related to TFTP at all.

Views
Helpful
Replies