Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Filtering CM corp directory

I have set up the CCM AD connector and everything works great. However, there are a few accounts (such as service accounts) in the AD which I do not want to appear when the user searches the corp directory from the IP phone. Is there a way to filter these accounts without moving them to different OU's within AD?

Thanx,

-Tim

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: Filtering CM corp directory

Try populating the Description field of the particular user with "CiscoPrivateUser".

6 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Try populating the Description field of the particular user with "CiscoPrivateUser".

Community Member

Thanx, I'll try that.

Community Member

Where are you putting 'CiscoPrivateUser' at? DC Directory, or in CallManager directly? The only location I found that is for 'Description' is in DC Directory under user and select the information tab?

Is this correct? And if so what else should you do? Reboot? I cannot get it to work.

thanks

John

Community Member

The value goes in the Description filed of the user properties in AD. I tried it and it seems to work well. Unfortunately, you now lose the ability to use that field for other purposes, but hey, what do you want for tens of thousands of dollars?

Community Member

OK, that's great! But what if your not integrating with AD and only using Cisco DC Directory? Is there no way to hide users then?

John

I have come up with another solution, I moved all users under a seperate OU, I know this really is not the best solution, but when I narrowed the ou , searches performance improved greatly, It also lets you control the users displayed. If you cannot move the users to a more hiarchey, there is a way to insert multi ou's in the registry, I could not get it to correctly query on the versions of ccm for me.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content