Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Find Me Feature,

I have found a problem in using call handlers to transfer callers to outside lines with call confirm. The feature is desired for users who want to be reached on a cell phone or when away from their office at a home office, etc. This is a highly requested feature for customers today, where they can change a transfer too phone number, and the system will try that number to transfer a caller.<br><br>Call transfer is supervised, call confirm is on, when answered at remote end by another VM system, recall does not always work. With call confirm on, we should be able to be close to 100% find me type feature (ruling out telephone system issues) in a supervised transfer. If RNA, busy, or other voice mail answers we should pull the call back with no response at the distant end. <br><br>In Repartee when doing call progress in transferring a call, on answer we will play the confirm greeting. If no TT is detected we should do the recall sequence. I think this is broken in Unity today. On someone answering the call, pressing 1 to take the call or 2 to have a message taken works all the time. <br><br>What do you think, <br> <br><br>Thanks,<br><br>Ron Lewis<br><br><br>

2 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Find Me Feature,

Hey Ron.

A couple quick tests here worked as expected for me, but these are local extensions in a pretty steril setup.

Is the call being released then? Interesting... you're right, that shouldn't happen. You say "sometimes" it doesn't work... what kidn of frequncy are you getting?

I'll ask QA to hit this with some outside lines and see if they can reproduce the problem.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect
Active Voice
jlindborg@activevoice.com
http://members.home.net/jlindborg

Anonymous
N/A

Re: Find Me Feature,

Sorry did not give you enough details,

We release and then there is a conference setup between the caller, Unity and the destination voice mail.
The demo system will fail 1 out 4 or 5 times. The demo box I use is 1403.
Again, we should be playing confirm prompt a few times, then do the recall.

Thanks,

Views
Helpful
Replies