Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Firmware Load

When installing firmware P00305000300 does it matter what version of firmware you currently have installed? I am running P00303020215 and want to upgrade to P00305000300. I am running CM 3.2(2c) spH.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Gold

Re: Firmware Load

You are definitely okay with that load with CallManager. Some of your gateways probably use MGCP, but you never use MGCP with the phones themselves. The phone MGCP images are only for use with some third-party softswitches.

3 REPLIES
Gold

You should be able to upgrade from any firmware version, so long as it's a CallManager SCCP image and not a SIP or MGCP image. The only caveat is that you will not be able to /downgrade/ from a P00305000000 series load, because those loads are signed, as will be all others going forward.

Our customers are doing great on '200 and '300 loads, so I doubt you'll see a problem ('100, 5.0(1) had some serious problems).

Thanks a bunch. Also, if we are using MGCP, should we not use this firmware load? Just want to double check.

Gold

You are definitely okay with that load with CallManager. Some of your gateways probably use MGCP, but you never use MGCP with the phones themselves. The phone MGCP images are only for use with some third-party softswitches.

Views
Helpful
Replies