cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Fixed Audio Source CCM 3.2 Compaq DL320

griffinm
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to use a USB sound card for a fixed audio source. I can here the music locally from the sound card but can not get CCM to use it for music on hold, fixed audio source. I also see the USB Audio Device under device manager. Everything appears to be normal from a windows perspective. I have also stopped and started the Cisco IP Voice media Streaming Application. Has anyone made this work with a USB sound card before???

4 Replies 4

gillins
Level 1
Level 1

I am unsure if the usb sound card is supported. there is a link of supported sounds cards but I can not find it at the moment. One probelem that I has was getting them name in call manager to be correct. On the music on hold configuration page the fixed audio source device name has to be exactly as it appears in windows device manager.

hope this helps.

scott

Scott,

I have verified the name is exactly as it is in device manager. If you do run across the link of supported sound cards, please let me know.

Thanks,

Mark

Hi Mark,

There are definitely no supported sound cards for the DL320 platform, and there never have been. We hope to announce support for a USB-based sound device within the next few weeks, and that support will include the DL320G3 platform (a.k.a MCS-7825H-2266). I can already tell you that it will require a newer version of the win-OS-Upgrade that is currently available.

Dave,

Any new developments on sound card support for the DL320? I have a customer that is needing to implement MOH from a fixed device and found this thread. I thought I would ask since it has been a couple of months since your post.

Thanks!

Pat

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: