Views
Helpful
Replies

fixup skinny protocol

Networks LSE
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have ccm on dmz, ip phones on internal lan and mgcp gateway on outside interface and some ip phones across wan.

Do I need Fixup protocol for ip phones to register with ccm?

Do I also need FIXUP mgcp protocol for mgcp traffic?

Also, how does rtp traffic goes arcoss between ip phones once it is answered. Does PIX knows which RTP ports to open

for voice stream?

Thanks in advance.

1 Reply 1

gpulos
Level 8
Level 8

first question..

what pix IOS version are you running? 6.3+ has sccp and mgcp support, just to name some of the added features. perhaps you should consider an upgrade to 6.3+ before you implement your ccm voip through it.

also, rtp traffic would be sent between phones only after all call setup, etc. has completed. since the pix is between the two endpoints, you'll need to allow for the udp rtp streams created in both directions for a single call.

also, should create, or if you're running 6.3+, enable the fixup for mgcp. (sccp is enabled by default 6.3+)

please see the following link for more info:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/secursw/ps2120/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a008017278b.html#wp1063623

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: