cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Flashing Envelopes in Line2 and Line3 Partitions

randerso
Level 1
Level 1

The customer is using the Line2 and Line3 partition trick to get their DN on more than one line. However, most that have this configuration now have flashing envelopes on their Line2 and Line3 to indicate voice mail but no voice mail exists. The MWI works perfectly and the flashing envelope on their primary line is fine. Resyncing the MWI will not clear the envelopes on Line2 and Line3. Any ideas? Customer has Unity v2.4.6(135) and CM v3.2(2c).

Thanks!

9 Replies 9

kechambe
Level 7
Level 7

We had a defect like this in the past but it should be fixed in the CM code you are running. See http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/bugtool/onebug.pl?bugid=CSCdw12294.

Can you try to reproduce this using the same steps noted in the defect?

Keith

Thank you Keith for your reply. My issue is similar. Only the default partition is not used for anything. The primary lines are in the BLUE partition and the secondary lines are in LINE2 and LINE3 etc. The Voice Mail is in VM. The calling search space for the voice mail parts includes the BLUE partition and the LINE2 and LINE3 partitions as well.

P.S. I can't seem to retrieve the complete bug description. The instructions for reproducing the condition are not displayed.

These are the steps...

1. Pick up line 1 and hit 1808 and the MWI Light comes ON

2. Reset the phone **#**

3. The envelope icon comes on for both lines

4. Pick up line 1 and punch iin MWI off number , the MWI lamp goes off but the envelope icon for line 2 stays on.

Keith

Exactly! Any ideas on how to fix this?

Please double check your CallManager version and I will double check the build which this was fixed it. It's possible the defect was reintroduced too...

The CallManager is v3.2(2c) with Service Pack F installed.

Yeah this defect should be corrected in your build of code. I'm out of the office now but I will try to reproduce this tomorrow and reopen the defect. I'll let you know what I come up with.

Keith

Thanks Keith. I appreciate your help!

I can't reproduce the issue with CallManager 3.2(2c) with Service Pack F installed. At this point your best bet is probably to open a TAC case with work that route.

Good Luck...

Keith