Views
Helpful
Replies

force a DN to use a specified pots

alessandro.dona
Level 3
Level 3

HI,

How can i force a DN to use a specified dial pots to access PSTN( i have 2 pri and a fxo and i want DN XXX uses fxo port)

4 Replies 4

icabrera
Level 4
Level 4

You can force it:

The first dial-peer the most restrictive, for instance, if you want the DN 111 to use the fxo port:

dial-peer voice 1 pots

destination-pattern 111

port 1/0 -->(fxo)

And the others DNs:

dial-peer voice 2 pots

destination-pattern .T

port 1/0:15 -->(pri)

Regards

Hope this helps. if so pls rate pots

rta.presidio
Level 1
Level 1

I assume you are using CallManager.

You could create a new set of Partition, CSS, Route ...

On that DN line, you would have it using the new CSS, which try to use a route pattern in a new Partition, which would point to the new and restricted route list, which points to new route group which only have fxo ports.

rhugo
Level 3
Level 3

Also, if you are in a situation where you have a 1FB and are NOT getting DNIS from the carrier, just use the connectin plar and attach it to the voice port you want the traffic to ring down to. Examlpe:

PSTN -----FXO - -V-GW-----FXS

on the FXO,

voice-port 0/0/1

connection plar opx 555

then..

dial-peer voice 555 pots

incoming called-num 555

port 0/1/0 (FXS port)

You'll need a h323 gateway with Call Manager. In the h323 gateway create some translation patterns for inbound calls via voip. For example; Extension 111 is the line with the assigned to a certain pots.

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 /^9/ /19/

voice translation-profile PSTN-OUTPOTS1

translate called 1

dial-peer voice 111 voip

answer-address 111

translation-profile incoming PSTN-OUTPOTS1

dial-peer voice 112 pots

destination-pattern 19T

translate-outgoing 1

port 0/1/0

If its with a Call Manager Express device, you'll need to use the truck command. This will allow you to assign a dn to a certain pots line. Its really easy..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: