Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forced access codes and route patterns

I am trying to implement forced access codes in a school setting in CM 4.1(3). We have partitions for teachers, classrooms and admin. Phones in teachers and admin can call anywhere. Phones in classrooms can only dial 911 and internal extensions.

When I create an identical route pattern for the classroom phones partition and force authorization codes, all phones then require codes. We need only the classroom phones to require codes. Any help would be appreciated - I'm out of ideas.

Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Forced access codes and route patterns

Sounds like the Calling Search Space for the teachers and admin contain the partition that the FAC enabled Route Pattern is in. If this partition is listed before the partition for the non-FAC route pattern then the calls will use the FAC enabled route pattern as it has higher priority. This URL will provide more info:http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a0080094b53.shtml

Kevin

Excellent. If I reorder the partitions in the Call Search Space will that take care of it or will the classroom phones use the non-FAC enabled route pattern? I appreciate you sharing your expertise.

Cisco Employee

You will need to use two different Calling Search Spaces. One for the classroom phones and another for the teacher and admin phones. Configure the partitions in the proper order. You don't need to add the partition for the non-FAC route pattern to the CSS for the classroom phones.

Kevin

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content