Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Forward a call based on a Zip code

I would like do make a script to ask to a caller to give his Zip Code and based on this Zip code forward the call to a queue, or a n°. I don’t find a way to map the zip code given by the caller to all ZIP for the region …

Can somebody help me?

Thanks

4 REPLIES

Re: Forward a call based on a Zip code

If you are interested in doing all ZipCodes in US, you will have to create a database with information relating to each zipcode.

The database can have 3 fields, ZipCode, Q name and any number relating to the zipcode.

After the caller inputs the zipcode, you store it to a variable and do a DB read, DB Get based on the zipcode entered. You can store the Q and number information got from the database to a variable and route calls based on that variable.

Just for learning/testing purpose you don't have to do a database.

Thanks For the info's.

I just need to map ZIP code from belgium.

I would like to avoid to use database query, but if there are no other ways, I will create a new database in one of my SQL's. I've already have the ZIP--Town in a xls sheet. Then it would not take me so much time to do it.

Still Thanks

Alain

I’ve still need some help; I’ve a problem with the following script:

I do a “get digit string” to the “getzip” variable string to have the Zip code of the caller, then after a “DB read” and “DB get” based on the “getzip value” and compare this new variable “getsql” to a defined variable “defined” with the step IF “

It seems that the ”get digit” and the query to the database is working fine

It seems I’ve some problem with the “IF” step getsql== defined during this step my script give me an error.

Two questions: How can I see the value of my variables during a sequence?

Can I compare a value from a “string” variable with a “Bigdecimal” variable?

If not how can I receive a value with a “string” format from my SQL server?

Thanks for your help.

Blue

With CRS you have the flexibilty of using xml files just like a database. That way you do not have to purchase the enhanced cti ports for database dips. I am doing the same thing you are except instead of querying a database I parse an xml file.

Views
Helpful
Replies