Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Forward All/Busy CSS

I am using CallManager 3.2.2c with Service Pack G. I have a CSS on my device (7960 phone) which allows long distance calls to the PSTN. When I go to the line appearance under Call Forward and Pickup Setting and forward all calls to a long distance PSTN number I am not sure if I need a CSS in the Forward All block. I would think that the CSS is inherited from the device, unless you specifically want to override the device CSS but this does not seem to be the case.

If I leave the Forward All CSS empty calls from internal phones will be forwarded correctly to the long distance number. However, an external call from the PSTN will not be forwarded to the long distance number and instead gets a fast busy signal.

Can anyone confirm what the correct behavior should be or if this is a bug in CM3.2.2c

Dan

2 REPLIES

Re: Forward All/Busy CSS

The way that this is supposed to behave is that if on a line level you have a CSS of "none"on the CFA then the CSS is derived from the actual line and if the main CSS includes both inside and outside partitions then the Call Forwarding to the outside world would successfully go through. However, if on the the CFA parameter you have a CSS specified that includes only the inside partition then the Call Forwarding would fail. However, keep in mind that in the latter case the phone would still allow you to press the CFA button and enter the outside DN and it will look like the calls are being forwarded. However, the calling party will simply hear a busy when they call the "Forwarded DN"

Re: Forward All/Busy CSS

I just learned from TAC that this behavior is in fact a bug. The CFA CSS should be inherited from the device, but it is not. TAC tested in the lab to verify that is was a bug. The only solution was to upgrade to CM 3.3.

Dan

Views
Helpful
Replies