Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

forward calls during closed hours

Hi,<br> We need to forward incoming calls during closed business hours to cell phones. Is it possible to do it ? plase show us how ? thank you very much.<br>Duc Vu<br><br>

1 REPLY
Anonymous
N/A

Re: forward calls during closed hours

You want calls to each subscriber after hours to automatically forward to a cell phone for that user? Or do you want the caller to have the option to leave a message OR try their cell phone? Either way you'll need to create a call handler for each subscriber's cell phone that you want to transfer to... set it's alternate transfer rule as active and set it up to transfer to their cell number and do release transfer (call progress to cell phones is dicey at best, supervised transfer don't work well).

If you want to have this happen automatically, set the off hours greeting for the subscriber to blank and have the after greeting action set to "attempt transfer for" the call handler you created above.

If you want them to have the option, assign a one key rule (say key 7) to attempt transfer to the call handler created above and make sure the after hours greeting says "press 7 to try me on my cell phone or stay on the line to leave me a message" or whatever.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Views
Helpful
Replies