Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

forward-digits extra inband - inconsistent behavour

I am using the "forward-digits extra inband" command on a PRI dial-peer for the purposes of playing DTMF tones.

I am using this as part of :

VM-integration

pattern ext-ext no-answer ....

pattern trunk-ext no-answer ....

If I make an internal-internal extension call and end up forwarded to the desired destination, then DTMF tones can be heard at the destination. If I call from an external number (come in through the PRI and forwarded back out through the same PRI) no DTMF tones are heard at the destination. Using debugging, I see the same dial-peer matched in both instances, and there is the same "extra digits" / dialled number visible in both instances. So the only difference appears to be where the call has originated from.

Has anyone else seen this ? Any suggestions as to how I can play DTMF tones in both circumstances ? Is this not a supported command ?

2 REPLIES
Silver

Re: forward-digits extra inband - inconsistent behavour

Resets inband-alerting to its default of generating the header "Require: com.cisco.inband-alerting" in outgoing INVITE messages. Tones are fed from the terminating gateway.

Re: forward-digits extra inband - inconsistent behavour

Is this applicable on an H.323 gateway (I think this is SIP related) ?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content