cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

forward-digits gretaer than destination-pattern

andruf2612
Level 1
Level 1

I would like to know what happen in case the forward-digits is Greater than the destination-pattern.

dial-peer voice 902 pots  

destination-pattern 0667769  

no digit-strip  

port 0/0/1:15  

forward-digits 8  

no sip-register

In case the dialled number is 0667769111 the forwarded number will be 67769111?

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, you would only send 8 digits, but that dial-peer would not be a match to that number as it's configured to match a fixed pattern, without any more digits.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I've got that configuration on a ISR2 router and I'm quite sure it's working, this is why I'm asking. It was my conviction that the match of a dial-peer was digit by digit, and as you were saying it should not be working unless I put a T at the end of the destination-pattern. The incoming call is from a VOIP dial-peer side and is forwarded to the POTS dial-peer. Is it possible that the complete number is used to match the dial-peer (and then used to forward the call) because in the Invite SIP message I've got the full number?

Anyway I'll try to use the show dialplan number command to understand which dial-peer is matched.

Thanks

Andrea

andruf2612
Level 1
Level 1

I've got that configuration on a ISR2 router and I'm quite sure it's working, this is why I'm asking. It was my conviction that the match of a dial-peer was digit by digit, and as you were saying it should not be working unless I put a T at the end of the destination-pattern. The incoming call is from a VOIP dial-peer side and is forwarded to the POTS dial-peer. Is it possible that the complete number is used to match the dial-peer (and then used to forward the call) because in the Invite SIP message I've got the full number?

Anyway I'll try to use the show dialplan number command to understand which dial-peer is matched.

Thanks

Andrea

Issue debug voip ccapi inout on your router and it will tell exactly was is going on.

Georgios
Please rate if you find this helpful.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: