Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

Forward messages to a POP3 Mail server

I have got a Unity box. I need to set up the Exchage in a way to forward my voice messages to a SMPT address. I dont want to use rules in outlook. Is there a way to do this in Exchange admin. The minute a message is dropped in the mailbox I neeed to be forwarded to a SMPT address. <br><br>Sean Poure<br>NEC-Voice Engineering<br>Sr. Aplication Engineer<br>714 4846275<br>

Sean Poure
1 REPLY
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Forward messages to a POP3 Mail server

Sure... In Ex5.5 you can configure this in the Exchange administrator for that accoun to either coopy the message to another account or move the message to another account (I'm not sure if you were looking to leave a copy in Exchange or not).

You'd create a custom recipient for the target SMTP address you wanted to send these messages to in Exchange and then select these as your alternate recipient for the mail user the Unity subscriber is built on top of.

You can get to this functionality on the "Delivery Options" page for the subscriber in question on the Exchange administration interface. It's the alternate recipient stuff at the bottom. The checkbox at the very bottom dictates if a copy of the message is left in Exchange or not.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content